Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) include a package of services newly available to many Medicaid recipients in New York State. Recipients enrolled in select Medicaid Managed Care plans (known as Health and Recovery Plans or HARPs) may access HCBS if deemed eligible through a specialized assessment by a Health Home Care Manager.
Education Support Services:
Do you need assistance with applying for college, financial aid, ACCES-VR?
- Would you like to explore your educational goals?
- Are you having difficulty in school and need assistance accessing resources?
- Would you like to sharpen your skills to join the workforce?
- Are you interested in learning about corporate and office culture?
Intensive Supported Employment:
- Are you ready to find a job but don’t know where to begin?
Ongoing Supported Employment:
- Are you having a difficult time at work and need some support?
Psychosocial Rehabilitation Services:
- Do you need assistance with the skills you need to be able to live on your own?
- Would you like to meet new people or learn how to better navigate social situations?
- Would you like to learn more about what your community has to offer?
- Do you need someone to talk to about managing your symptoms?
- Do you need help with using public transportation?
- Are you having a hard time with budgeting?
- Are you anxious about how to apply or recertify for your benefits?
- Is your living space in need of organization?
- Do you have a difficult time talking to your landlord?
Family Support and Training:
- Would you like to strengthen your family relationships?
- Would you like to learn more about your family members mental health condition?
Short-Term Crisis Respite:
- Have you found yourself in a crisis situation and need a break from your current living environment?
- Are you interested in learning how to avoid psychiatric hospitalization?
- Health and wellness coaching